electrical box and cable managments

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,
so i was in a vacation this week and on the new year eve i got a call from the maid telling me that my room has no electricity at all, thanks god my friend was in town and i send him home to cheek that, there was a water splash on one of the power strip and got on fire and it automatic close all the electricity of my room
the problem was i turn off the ATO and forget to run it before i travel and the wavemaker on the sump start to splash
so he just unplug it and start the system again it was only dosing pump i install it 2 days before travailing and everything was just fine

i was planing before to change my electricity design and make it in one waterproof box
i want to ask can i use the metal box for that ? it is cheep and strong and water proof as well
here is a photo of what i mean
1641468850529.png

1641468894257.png

it came empty and i can add everything i want inside
so i am planning to add one for all the power strips
one for all controllers
i can use this without any problem right ?

another thing i want to extend all my pumps and wavemaker i have 3 tanks connecting togther and i want to put all power in one place so i need to extend the power cables
can i use any type of cables even if its bigger that what is in use now ? from the controller to the pump this line i want to extend in all my devices
light, pumps, wavemakers, skimmers
is there a type of wire i can use on everything ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Here will be some additional input
@Brew12

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back