Electrical usage log since 08 (pre 240g)

  • Thread starter Thread starter LegoZ81
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LegoZ81

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
775
Reaction score
7
Location
IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
240g Tank was in place and running with lighting 01-03-2010 prior to this the same lighting was in place over my 125 gallon reef

Switched to LED ~9/4/2011 in the winter I have high reliance on my electric heater which drives up my power cost debating on a solution still.

However in summer I don't have to keep the house any cooler than 78 and my fans have only needed to turn on twice to cool down the tank a little on over 100* days. The warmer I keep the house the less my heater runs to keep the tank @80F

image001.png

image002.png

image006.png

image007.png
 
very cool.Looks like your saving about $75 a month over the previous year.I cant wait to get my led's and watch my electric bill drop.
 
I did not explain on the top "Electric Usage" chart:
The orange line is linear trendline,
the yellow line is a 12 month moving average,
the white line is a 24 month moving average,
and the red line is a 36 month moving average.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new