Elegance coral help!

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When's the last time you've seen it swallow a meal?
I wouldn't take him out yet, I had one do a 360 after making sure it swallowed a big chunk of shrimp and calibrating my refractometer. I was running salinity at 1.010 before I calibrated!

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeding reef roids and mysis but never really saw it eat. Also crabs would get in there and steal food
I would put it in an acclimation bin in your tank and give it an eraser size piece
I was feeding reef roids and mysis but never really saw it eat. Also crabs would get in there and steal food
Yes this happened with mine with shrimp & fish. You need to put it in an acclimation bin in your tank and get a nice eraser size chunk of shrimp that you cut triangular shape and place it on its mouth. You will see it start opening its mouth trying to eat after a few minutes. Since it doesn't have its tentacles to pull food into its mouth you have to get some tweezer and carefully push the pointed corner of the shrimp actually into its mouth so it can get ahold of it. It's a pain in the butt but it saved mine! I'm sure it was starving. Make sure to thaw the shrimp in a little side dish of tank water before feeding. Post updates after you get the guy fed please.

OP
OP
Foxchase

Foxchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely disgusting update. I was about to toss it when I saw a weird spot so i poked it and IT MOVED!!! (I dipped it twice as well as doing iodine dips every other day since this started)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-193400_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-193400_Messenger.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
Foxchase

Foxchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing that thing was eating the elegance. Some kind of isopod?
I think so too. And i didn't know they got that big? It looked more like a flea/tick. Had like mouth incisors or whatever they're called

Attachments

• 20210806_192534.mp4
    16.8 MB

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back