Elegance Coral Ok?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kerbash
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kerbash

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
260
Reaction score
174
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just have a problem maybe with an Aussie Elegence? I’m not sure what is up but I came home to this...
D5B8F683-B067-4956-828E-708B96F0ED83.jpeg
B1096A53-ABFB-4C78-975E-D05B749AEEC6.jpeg


The body is expanded like normal but the tentacles are all shriveled up.

I got him around 2 weeks ago, could this be the start of the ECS? What should I do?

By the way he usually looks like this.
B40C19D9-68CE-4AC5-90B0-398DCEAEE8F3.jpeg
 
For what it’s worth, I have 2. The larger one had long tentacles that after 4-5 months just kinda shrunk. I don’t worry too much about if it’s light/flow/water or whatever..... As I have another that has long tentacles.

This doesn’t help answer your question, but I wouldn’t panic/dip/QT/treat etc. You may just stress/kill it. Mine has been rocking shorty tentacles for months with no ill effect.

ADE3CA8C-F930-4875-B343-2D74071929BD.jpeg
 
An update lol,

Looks like half of his tentacles are expanded again?
D2CB36F1-F4CB-4A66-AACC-D416C080E411.jpeg
 
Oh ok thank lol,

Usually he just have such a nice looking tentacles, sort of weird to see him like this.

I’ll try to update this post as future reference for pps.
 
When they're really stressed they'll fully retract into their skeleton. I think yours will be ok!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new