Elegance coral polyp Bailout?

Spudsmc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Nashville TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I noticed my new elegance (had it 9 days) discharging these small white things, in my experience it looks like polyp bailout
(had a very similar thing happen to a hammer coral years ago) but I could be mistaken, is there an off chance it could be spawning?

My gut instinct says it’s bailout, but I’ve only ever seen and heard of an elegance completely disconnect from its skeleton and disconnect a a whole polyp.

Expert and “elderly” reefing wisdom would be very appreciated!

Tank parameters bellow:

Tank age 3months

Salinity: 1.026

ALK: 7.2

CAL: 390

MAG: 1280

PO4: 0.03

NO3: 6ppm

IMG_2435.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new