My elegance has white tips is this new growth or bleaching

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that's how it works for elegance corals...

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know idiots normal
I guess what I meant is, I don't think elegance corals bleach at the tips only or become white at the tips when they grow like SPS do. I'd imagine if they bleach, you'd see the whole coral bleach and become very light in color; and if the grew, it would get larger, not just the ends of the polyps.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elegance often have different colored tips compared to tentacle. Not sure I've ever seen a white tipped one, but I don't have a ton of experience either. It's definitely not new growth.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color were they when you got it? If they went from pink or green to white I would think that's bad. But if they went from being the same color as the base to white then it's prob happy and adjusted to your tank.

You might not get a lot of help from this sub forum. Most of the posters here don't keep a lot of LPS. You might have better luck posting in the LPS forum.hth

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, new growth on a single polyp type LPS is prob going to look like the entire piece getting bigger. They'll build new skeleton under the flesh all around and the tissue will grow to match or possibly vise versa (idk). Either way growth will be a circumference/diameter measurement vs vertical length like on an encrusted stick.

OP
OP
Brocksreef117

Brocksreef117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color were they when you got it? If they went from pink or green to white I would think that's bad. But it they went from being the same color as the base to white then it's prob happy and adjusted to your tank.

You might not get a lot of help from this sub forum. Most of the posters here don't keep a lot of LPS. You might have better luck posting in the LPS forum.hth
It had purple tips and some are turning white It looks fully extended just worried about clownfish bugging it to death

image.jpg

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back