Elevated Zinc per Triton ICP

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley, What could be the cause or is it like Lithium and not something to worry about? My tank is good, no signs of corals or inverts or fish struggling. My calcium is higher than I expected and I did read that it can come from calcium chloride which is what I use for dosing calcium. I searched my sump for metal and couldn't find any except my ATO sensors and whatever metal might be in the heaters. And the grounding probe but I just replaced that. The zinc is 25 ug/l and the setpoint is listed as 0-5. How concerned should I be? I use Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. TDS measures 0.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley, What could be the cause or is it like Lithium and not something to worry about? My tank is good, no signs of corals or inverts or fish struggling. My calcium is higher than I expected and I did read that it can come from calcium chloride which is what I use for dosing calcium. I searched my sump for metal and couldn't find any except my ATO sensors and whatever metal might be in the heaters. And the grounding probe but I just replaced that. The zinc is 25 ug/l and the setpoint is listed as 0-5. How concerned should I be? I use Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. TDS measures 0.

Which ICP vendor are you using?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back