Elimi N-P overdose. What kind of issues will it cause?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I misread the directions on dosing elimi-np initially and have been dosing 2ml every morning into my 250L tank for about a month now. N and P have been really stable since starting this dosage at roughly 25 and .25 respectively.
This morning I decided I was going to try upping the dosage to see if it would draw my numbers down. Found the calculator on the TM website and discovered max recommended dosage is 1.25 ML/day.

Up to this point, I haven't seen any adverse effects on the tank from what I can tell, but I'm curious as to what sort of issues I will run into if I continue overdosing?

@Lou Ekus

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going through the bottles twice as fast as recommended will double the profits to the seller and manufacturer. It's good to support the reefing community! Keep us posted on what you discover and how it works out. :cool:

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I misread the directions on dosing elimi-np initially and have been dosing 2ml every morning into my 250L tank for about a month now. N and P have been really stable since starting this dosage at roughly 25 and .25 respectively.
This morning I decided I was going to try upping the dosage to see if it would draw my numbers down. Found the calculator on the TM website and discovered max recommended dosage is 1.25 ML/day.

Up to this point, I haven't seen any adverse effects on the tank from what I can tell, but I'm curious as to what sort of issues I will run into if I continue overdosing?

@Lou Ekus
With ANY type of carbon dosing, overdoing complications could be things like the promotion of undesirable algae or bacterial growth or exc essive oxygen consumption. Hpwever, Tropic Marin is extrememnly concervative with maximum dosages we recommend. I wouldn't anticipate you have any issues at all at that level of dosing.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back