Elimi-NP max dosage

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all, I know what the instructions say…however…I’m wondering if anyone has experience deviating?
I’ve got an IM 20 peninsula, skimmer, pax cheato reactor, rowaphos, chemipure blue, rox carbon, TM reef actif, Polyplab genesis blocks and bacteria, plenty of aged rock and sand.
Heavy stocked, intense lighting, mixed reef. Zero algae.

Feed @ 4 times a day. Morning and evening a small amount of freeze dried mysis and nyos pellets. Lunch is @ a cube worth of frozen mysis, calanus, mussels, conch, etc., I mix it up. And then snack is sometimes frozen calanus or a 1/2 cube frozen.

With all that said, nutrients are out of control. The number itself doesn’t particularly matter it’s that I can’t control them whatsoever, and they’re high. Hanna checker flashing number high…

Been dosing recommended amount of elimi NP for about 2 weeks now and still the numbers won’t budge. Anybody have any luck going beyond the recommended dosage?

@Lou Ekus Any ideas?

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all, I know what the instructions say…however…I’m wondering if anyone has experience deviating?
I’ve got an IM 20 peninsula, skimmer, pax cheato reactor, rowaphos, chemipure blue, rox carbon, TM reef actif, Polyplab genesis blocks and bacteria, plenty of aged rock and sand.
Heavy stocked, intense lighting, mixed reef. Zero algae.

Feed @ 4 times a day. Morning and evening a small amount of freeze dried mysis and nyos pellets. Lunch is @ a cube worth of frozen mysis, calanus, mussels, conch, etc., I mix it up. And then snack is sometimes frozen calanus or a 1/2 cube frozen.

With all that said, nutrients are out of control. The number itself doesn’t particularly matter it’s that I can’t control them whatsoever, and they’re high. Hanna checker flashing number high…

Been dosing recommended amount of elimi NP for about 2 weeks now and still the numbers won’t budge. Anybody have any luck going beyond the recommended dosage?

@Lou Ekus Any ideas?
It is very hard to say definitively, for sure. So this probably needs a longer discussion. By phone would probably be helpful. Also, knowing the values of concentrations will help as well. But just as a point of reference to start, you seem to have a lot of methodologies in place that are all meant to address the same nutrient issue. Sometimes, when doing that, things will conflict with each other. For instance, you mention you are using “pax cheato reactor, rowaphos, chemipure blue, rox carbon, TM reef actif, Polyplab genesis blocks and bacteria, and now trying ELIMI NP. Rarely is applying all of these things at once, then answer.

OP
OP
B

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lou!
When’s good for a chat?

It sounds complicated but it’s not really.

Basic filtration/nutrient export is a skimmer and cheato.

I carbon dose with tropic Marin products.

Chemical filtration is a bag of rowaphos and a bag of Chemipure blue and a bag of carbon.

Supplements are kalk and AFR

I added the Polyplab blocks and bacteria to build transferrable bacteria colonies to a new tank build.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lou!
When’s good for a chat?

It sounds complicated but it’s not really.

Basic filtration/nutrient export is a skimmer and cheato.

I carbon dose with tropic Marin products.

Chemical filtration is a bag of rowaphos and a bag of Chemipure blue and a bag of carbon.

Supplements are kalk and AFR

I added the Polyplab blocks and bacteria to build transferrable bacteria colonies to a new tank build.
Just give me a call in the office during East Coast business hours any day. Be happy to go through this with you.

Risk1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to save me the trouble, does anyone happen to know just how much is dosed from one pump of the dispenser?

1711387335082.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back