Elimi-NP Automated Dosing

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I want to try out Elimi-NP but wondering if anyone is using an automatic doser for the daily dosing.

Can Elimi-NO be diluted with RODI water to mix a months worth into one gallon and dosed accordingly or will the solution become a nasty mess after sitting out for weeks?

I’ve always made my own mix of NoPoX and it was stable for months. Just making sure Elimi-NP would be as well.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can Elimi-NO be diluted with RODI water to mix a months worth into one gallon and dosed accordingly or will the solution become a nasty mess after sitting out for weeks?
I believe you are correct and it will turn into some scientific experiment.

But perhaps @Hans-Werner can provide extra guidance if the Elimi-NP can be diluted.

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Elimi-NP can be diluted with All-For-Reef or Carbo-Calcium.
I’m looking to only dilute with RODI water. I have a four part dosing for all my other elements and just need to know if it will go rancid after a month of sitting out in solution at room temp.

Mix will more or less be 60 ml per 1 gallon RODI to be dosed over 30 days.

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to only dilute with RODI water. I have a four part dosing for all my other elements and just need to know if it will go rancid after a month of sitting out in solution at room temp.

Mix will more or less be 60 ml per 1 gallon RODI to be dosed over 30 days.
The problem is, it contains organic carbon, of course. If you dilute organic carbon compounds with water they may get prone to microbial degradation since this exactly what they are meant to do after dosing inside the tank. This is the problem when diluting organic carbon products with RODI water.

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started to dose Elimi NP 1.5 ml every 6 hours to my ~450-liter tank. Before, I used to add 4 mls in the morning. Although there is no control over this "experiment," Hanna Nitrate now reads 0. I have yet to see that it is a trend, not a temporal drop. Phosphates, however, are always 0.22-0.1. So now I added another pump that adds the TM amino acids. What's key is that corals are very happy.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back