Ello From San Diego

Peeko

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
18
Location
San Diego County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the hobby for quite some time now since I was roughly 10, however I have lately been really getting into it after being hired at a LFS in the area. Right now i've got a few tanks including a 55 freshwater, though this is a saltwater fourm so I should probably detail my saltwater tanks:

20 gallon Long that acted as my first salt tank. Rn its got a pair of benagis, an occelaris, twinspot goby, and a firefish goby along with a wide variety of corals and 2 bubbletip anemones + porcelain crab

17 Gallon old show tank thats my macro-algae tank. Not too much going on in it fish wise besides a yellow clown goby, though i've got a decent variety of macro such as dragons tounge, blue hypnea, red gracillia, and a few others

3ish gallon cube tank. Generally a low set up and its my first venture into nano saltwater tanks. No fish in it at the moment but I do have a toadstool, a few leathers, an a xenia rock in there.

20 Gallon Holding/Quarantine Tank. Mostly set this up to gather fish to prep for a 125 im going to be getting soon. In there right now is a Indigo Hamlet, Hi Hat, and a Valentini Puffer.

I've been doing weekly water changes on all of these and dosing a variety of stuff in the coral and macro tanks.

I joined this form mostly to ask questions regarding some odder fish that I rarely find info about on the wider internet or generally that info is spotty.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
I've been in the hobby for quite some time now since I was roughly 10, however I have lately been really getting into it after being hired at a LFS in the area. Right now i've got a few tanks including a 55 freshwater, though this is a saltwater fourm so I should probably detail my saltwater tanks:

20 gallon Long that acted as my first salt tank. Rn its got a pair of benagis, an occelaris, twinspot goby, and a firefish goby along with a wide variety of corals and 2 bubbletip anemones + porcelain crab

17 Gallon old show tank thats my macro-algae tank. Not too much going on in it fish wise besides a yellow clown goby, though i've got a decent variety of macro such as dragons tounge, blue hypnea, red gracillia, and a few others

3ish gallon cube tank. Generally a low set up and its my first venture into nano saltwater tanks. No fish in it at the moment but I do have a toadstool, a few leathers, an a xenia rock in there.

20 Gallon Holding/Quarantine Tank. Mostly set this up to gather fish to prep for a 125 im going to be getting soon. In there right now is a Indigo Hamlet, Hi Hat, and a Valentini Puffer.

I've been doing weekly water changes on all of these and dosing a variety of stuff in the coral and macro tanks.

I joined this form mostly to ask questions regarding some odder fish that I rarely find info about on the wider internet or generally that info is spotty.
IMG_1259.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new