Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bc3c0f427281f05595b9f4757fd5d399-1.jpg

UncleTork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the tank we picked up with many extras (Eshopps sump and skimmer, orbit light system with loop controller, dosing pump, auto top off etc etc). Some of which we are going to sell to swap for something different but we couldn't pass on the price. I do have a quick question. It came with a matching upper cabinet/lid that sits in the tank. Is the tank able to support that or if we do decide to use it, should I anchor it to the wall to reduce the weight on the tank? I understand lid vs no lid is a topic all in itself. I am just asking about the structural aspect of it.

20200216_102758.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, glad you joined.

Lucky you,you get to know the real Mastiffsrule right off the bat.

i got confused (you’ll see that a lot :D ) It took me 5 minutes and a lot of page flipping to figure out what was going on. Please tell me I got this right. @etork is Emily and she started the thread. @UncleTork is her husband who registered within 2 days but has not started his own. You guys are sharing your journey in the same thread under different screen names? Please tell me I got it. It takes me a while but I usually get up to speed.

Anyway, that’s a nice set up you scored. The top is a canopy. The 4 points on the inside sit on the 4 corners of the tank. Some like it, some don’t. The plus of a canopy is that it adds a nice furniture look to the tank. It also gives some options to retrofit lighting. Downside is access is limited without removing.

so after all that

1581897772495.gif

UncleTork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i got confused (you’ll see that a lot :D ) It took me 5 minutes and a lot of page flipping to figure out what was going on. Please tell me I got this right. @etork is Emily and she started the thread. @UncleTork is her husband who registered within 2 days but has not started his own. You guys are sharing your journey in the same thread under different screen names? Please tell me I got it. It takes me a while but I usually get up to speed.

Anyway, that’s a nice set up you scored. The top is a canopy. The 4 points on the inside sit on the 4 corners of the tank. Some like it, some don’t. The plus of a canopy is that it adds a nice furniture look to the tank. It also gives some options to retrofit lighting. Downside is access is limited without removing.

so after all that

1581897772495.gif
You are correct. Depending on the day she may or may not claim responsibility for me... I did hijack her thread. I will be responsible for making sure all the equipment is setup and working. She gets the painful task of deciding on which fish and coral will make the cut.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

so after all that

1581897772495.gif
I'm so glad we have you around to explain this stuff to us. :cool:

OP
OP
etork

etork

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

so after all that

1581897772495.gif
You are correct. I also appreciate you pointing out that he skipped over his own intro. Not much for a rule follower that man ;)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back