Ello!

KatesReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

I'm not really new to the site per se. I poked around a lot when I was researching my newest tank, then when I was ready for corals I joined for the live sales, but still never really posted much outside of that. With all that's going on now, I figured it might be a good time to get back to basics and start with an intro :p

So here it goes...

I'm Kate and I live in the Greater Seattle Washington area. I had a 75gal reef tank years ago that got torn down after about a year and a half for a number of reasons, the main one being that I just didn't realize how much I didn't know. Now I have a Waterbox 190.5 and love it. It's still very much new, I thought about doing a build thread, but I'm not sure how good that would be. But anyway, this time around I'm hoping to do things differently, take my time more and really look at my options. I'm planning on the long haul with this tank so I'm trying to make calculated decisions where it matters most but still, allow myself some creativity. I mean, after all, we are creating living works of art here :)

Well, I think that's it for now. I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. We can all do this together as long as we're at least 6 feet apart :D

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Kate and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. I would highly recommending starting a build thread so we can follow along your journey. But more importantly, it's a great way for you to keep track of your own progress and look back over time to see just how far it's come. It's easy to do...just start here.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

F51E7468-1487-4DE3-81CA-EABAE9FF91A2.gif

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

I'm not really new to the site per se. I poked around a lot when I was researching my newest tank, then when I was ready for corals I joined for the live sales, but still never really posted much outside of that. With all that's going on now, I figured it might be a good time to get back to basics and start with an intro :p

So here it goes...

I'm Kate and I live in the Greater Seattle Washington area. I had a 75gal reef tank years ago that got torn down after about a year and a half for a number of reasons, the main one being that I just didn't realize how much I didn't know. Now I have a Waterbox 190.5 and love it. It's still very much new, I thought about doing a build thread, but I'm not sure how good that would be. But anyway, this time around I'm hoping to do things differently, take my time more and really look at my options. I'm planning on the long haul with this tank so I'm trying to make calculated decisions where it matters most but still, allow myself some creativity. I mean, after all, we are creating living works of art here :)

Well, I think that's it for now. I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. We can all do this together as long as we're at least 6 feet apart :D
I have a 75 now (about 2 months in) and having a ball. it might help me to share notes with you about what i might expect in the coming months and what to do about it. enjoy your new project!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
KatesReef13

KatesReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the welcome!

Welcome to R2R Kate and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. I would highly recommending starting a build thread so we can follow along your journey. But more importantly, it's a great way for you to keep track of your own progress and look back over time to see just how far it's come. It's easy to do...just start here.
Thanks and OK maybe I'll do that then. I have pictures of most things so far, so it might turn out OK. Thanks!

I have a 75 now (about 2 months in) and having a ball. it might help me to share notes with you about what i might expect in the coming months and what to do about it. enjoy your new project!
That'd be great! There are a lot of things I wish I knew the first time around, but I feel like a lot of people can say that about a lot of things lol. Feel free to reach out, enjoy your build as well!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back