Elos 160 Build Thread - REEF145

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Lights are up!

Love the Atlantiks, I'm going with one for my new build. Love the fixture. Can I reach out to Sam or MRC and inquire on getting the same mount for a single fixture? It's a much cleaner install that normal wire hanging.

OP
OP
R

REEF145

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. The rock work is very similar or identical (??) to the rock work Sam used on that Beverly Hills custom elos that was recently featured on Reef Builders.

Looks beautiful. Amazing tank.

Heres a pic of Korralenwelt masking the overflow and the caves below

IMG_0517.jpg

OP
OP
R

REEF145

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few pics of the fish. First added a pair Mocha Gladiator Clownfish, a few months later the Gem Tang and a couple of others, followed by a beautiful Lineatus Wrasse and Rhomboid Wrasse. Sadly the Rhomboid didn't make it but all others are happy and healthy.
IMG_2567.jpg
IMG_2640.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg

OP
OP
R

REEF145

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the Atlantiks, I'm going with one for my new build. Love the fixture. Can I reach out to Sam or MRC and inquire on getting the same mount for a single fixture? It's a much cleaner install that normal wire hanging.

Im sure he would be happy to help. Check out http://wetworknola.com/portfolio-item/projects/ for contact info. As with any custom project, it was a substantial investment but I would do it all over again in a second.

Steelersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!!! You don't see many people having the Elos AquaTop. Aesthetically, how did you like the AquaTop on your tank? Did you have any issues with condensation or salt on the glass top?

OP
OP
R

REEF145

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!!! You don't see many people having the Elos AquaTop. Aesthetically, how did you like the AquaTop on your tank? Did you have any issues with condensation or salt on the glass top?

Aesthetically, the aquatop is an amazing solution. The fixtures are kept only a couple of inches from the surface giving it a really low profile and the curved glass panels are really sleek. The top would collect condensation but it wasn't too bad. It may have been compounded because my tank is positioned against an inside corner of a wall making it more difficult for air to pass through.

Steelersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your setup is fantastic. Just a friendly suggestion from someone who has owned 3 Elos tanks. Over time, the hinges in your cabinet will start to rust, and it will start looking really bad. If you spray the hinges with food grade oil once a month, it will stay very nice. Also, I would recommend that you purchase another set of hinges now for future use. Finding these hinges is very difficult in the US. :)

OP
OP
R

REEF145

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your setup is fantastic. Just a friendly suggestion from someone who has owned 3 Elos tanks. Over time, the hinges in your cabinet will start to rust, and it will start looking really bad. If you spray the hinges with food grade oil once a month, it will stay very nice. Also, I would recommend that you purchase another set of hinges now for future use. Finding these hinges is very difficult in the US. :)

Thanks for the tip and your compliments. I will reach out to Elos to order a couple of spares. Do you have any recommendations for magnetic latches to open and close the doors?

Steelersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 160XL Diamond Line, but I had a friend built the stand for me. It is a steel stand with solid acrylic panels. The panels have magnets in them, so there were will be no rust issues.
Elos does offer the same style cabinets with their Absolute line. Have you looked at these Elos stands?

1B6C1167-C95D-4031-AF0E-33FBC96766F0.jpeg

F716606B-A738-46D7-B658-4DBB7DDDDD0C.jpeg

9965C19A-2689-43D5-9A5C-596C36A52044.jpeg

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m saying that this tank and stand has been set up well past a year, so I don’t think he needs a new stand.

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your compliments! It is the same rock work used on that project - the company that makes it is Korallenwelt. They have the ability to make back panels to your tanks exact dimensions including partially wrapping the overflow to conceal it. They also provide branch like structures and other ceramic elements which allow for a lot of flexibility in aquascaping.

Does it have the same filtering properties as live rock? It seems like it wouldn’t or already a limited amount given its surface area is not as great.

ELOSAmerica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 160XL Diamond Line, but I had a friend built the stand for me. It is a steel stand with solid acrylic panels. The panels have magnets in them, so there were will be no rust issues.
Elos does offer the same style cabinets with their Absolute line. Have you looked at these Elos stands?

1B6C1167-C95D-4031-AF0E-33FBC96766F0.jpeg

F716606B-A738-46D7-B658-4DBB7DDDDD0C.jpeg

9965C19A-2689-43D5-9A5C-596C36A52044.jpeg

whaou , i like your stand , it's look like the new absolut stand , and definetly a good design . what material you used for panels ?
just curious .

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back