OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has really started taking off since adding the dosing pumps, have some free time this weekend so I will post some progression shots. Most notably SPS is looking GREAT, finally seeing some amazing colors come in and growth is off the charts compare to other tanks I have had in the past!

Zoa Island looking pretty as the lights ramp down for the night.

FNaJacv.jpg

A no name SPS I got bleached out, looking pretty good now and growing great!

yPAhWtQ.jpg

Will bust out the DSLR and take some better pictures this weekend!

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a ehime 1260 that'd dialed back a bit, not sure exactly where the water line is supposed to be at, but i'm happy where it is and have plenty of water flowing through the sump.

I used the Emarco cement kit to build and fuse the rock together, used a little over what the 5lb kit offers. To give you an idea how strong the stuff is I was able to pick the rock up at any point and shake it and it held firm, each rock has to weigh close to 30-35 lbs.

Having a bit of an algae bloom since adding the 2nd radion onto the tank, I don't have much in the way of a cleaning crew so i'm thinking of ordering a snail pack from reefcleaners to chew through it all.

91gigOx.jpg

I picked up the blue star but am now having doubts if I will be able to support it after reading how hard they are to keep, stupid impulse buys.

Whittled down the frag rack I had and make a nice chunk of change this weekend. Glued a good bit of the sps frags I had down onto the rocks, and just as I thought I could take the rack out my local buddies dumped a bunch more frags on me!

Also finally took a bunch of chalices that a friend had been holding for me for months, he was starting to get upset with me having his entire sandbed in his tank covered in chalices.

D4th4PN.jpg

Hopefully she will be in a better state when I post next.

l0qdAws.jpg
Please tell me about your refugium. Are those baffles solid pieces of plastic? Trying to figure out a way to build one in my reefer 350.

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RakKZM0.jpg

Current state of affairs.

Tank is doing good so far. I removed the sand bed for the sake of maintenance and flow, I am working on replacing the sand with rainbow monti, I have a large chunk that if I leave it in one place long enough it will encrust. You can see where it had sat in the front left of the tank for several weeks, when I broke it from that spot I had a good 5 small chunks that came with it that I glued randomly around on the bare bottom.

Months of not running any filter socks had finally caught up to me and my sump was looking downright disgusting. I drained the entire sump, removed all the equipment and literally vacuumed (with a wet vac) the entire thing out. While I was down there I installed silicone mats under the return pump and the skimmer, and added a small piece of silicone tubing between the return pump and the hard plumbing, it made quite a noticeable difference in vibration sound. I also started using the bulk reef supply mesh filter socks, they are an absolute breeze to clean, takes about 5 seconds to flip them inside out and hit them with the hose and they are ready to go back in.

SPS has been chugging along, I went through a period where I wasn't paying attention enough to ALK and CAL useage and things had dipped a little low. I am currently up to 22ml of ESV calc and alk daily.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank looks good man! Nice frag system as well!

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to bring on a biopellet reactor I have had laying around for quite some time, I had ran them once before and had some pretty outstanding results. I want to start feeding more heavy and feel that a small amount of biopellets can help me achieve my goals.

TLF reactor, currently running a quarter cup of TLF BP

YWoP7GP.jpg

The reactor output is plumbed straight into the input on my skimmer. I made a little DIY adapter out of some pvc that I used a dremel grinding bit on to widen so it could slip on snugly, total cost, 3 dollars. I feel that a lot of the issue people run in to with biopellets is not properly skimming when running them.

cgkqo89.jpg

And some shots from around the tank
mBjGLAy.jpg

r3uzZpI.jpg

YXUXdqt.jpg

ElWSkyY.jpg

cnhATm4.jpg

And a little side by side of 2 weeks of growth from my Jason fox Flame fox nub I got from a friend.

UhlXYVy.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice shots!

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Special treatment for a special coral I recently received.

SC Dynamite getting some roids.

yoTi51L.jpg

Swapped out the T5 on the frag tank for a Kessil 160, May try the new A80 on the other side of the tank.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

38ZYQza.jpg

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful build , amazing choice of all your equipment , I currently have a 75cm tank that I am considering replacing with a 60g cube. Wow great build love the fact that you have both your frag and DT only a couple feet away from one another. Amazing build ...

nolaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build and I really love your frag setup on that stand. Awesome dining room for sure!!

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful build , amazing choice of all your equipment , I currently have a 75cm tank that I am considering replacing with a 60g cube. Wow great build love the fact that you have both your frag and DT only a couple feet away from one another. Amazing build ...

Thank you, however my wife doesn't think it's so cool that's theres another tank so close haha!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man! Loving this reef! Any updates?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back