OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man! Loving this reef! Any updates?

Thank you! Things are going fantastic, I have recently taken a step back on my filtration thanks to this thread here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dgees-box-o-sticks-v2.267968/

I have taken all reactors offline and am running a skimmer, filter sock, and a chaeto fuge, doing a small water change every other week, and regular 2 part dosing, things have never looked better.

And because a post is worthless without pictures, here you go!

gjsRPOI.jpg

n9LfwKh.jpg

3jeYR1S.jpg

0cangDc.jpg

FdWx6qL.jpg

DdfQpPf.jpg

9Tt39y8.jpg

mAgrRVx.jpg

p7kHujb.jpg

IEt4rts.jpg

mb9ZCcX.jpg

UbC94Pf.jpg

lWL5J8i.jpg

UmseV39.jpg

kPIQk0H.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you! Things are going fantastic, I have recently taken a step back on my filtration thanks to this thread here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dgees-box-o-sticks-v2.267968/

I have taken all reactors offline and am running a skimmer, filter sock, and a chaeto fuge, doing a small water change every other week, and regular 2 part dosing, things have never looked better.

And because a post is worthless without pictures, here you go!

gjsRPOI.jpg

n9LfwKh.jpg

3jeYR1S.jpg

0cangDc.jpg

FdWx6qL.jpg

DdfQpPf.jpg

9Tt39y8.jpg

mAgrRVx.jpg

p7kHujb.jpg

IEt4rts.jpg

mb9ZCcX.jpg

UbC94Pf.jpg

lWL5J8i.jpg

UmseV39.jpg

kPIQk0H.jpg
Beautiful pics! Looks everything is doing great!!

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel like growth has stalled completely on my sps, was previously growing fine, past month has had very minimal growth. Checked alk today, and it's been slowly rising I attribute this to the lack of growth, all other parameters in check, just kind of disheartening, been browsing R2R and seeing some tanks that go from nothing to entirely filled with colonies in a year and a lot of my stuff is still encrusting, dunno what to do, just feeling down about the tank.

Maybe I just need some motivation, Been bouncing around in my head the idea of going to more of a softie tank with lots of torches and things for flow, I dunno, just feeling like after a year of uptime I would be further along than this.

Mirkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Snap out of it. Your tank is looking good, man. Tanks that go from frags to colonies in a year are rare. Only a few have that level of success and I bet you they have certain pieces that lag.

Think about all the folks that don't have threads cuz they aren't happy about their tanks. Think about all the threads disappear into the wind.

Tank is looking great............ It's a marathon not a sprint!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job!

jimknutson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. I love your frag tank setup. I would love to see some updated pics of it as my girlfriend has given me the go ahead to set one up next to my 75 gallon. When my sps stall in my tank I add some acro power and they start to speed back up. Keep up the good work

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. I love your frag tank setup. I would love to see some updated pics of it as my girlfriend has given me the go ahead to set one up next to my 75 gallon. When my sps stall in my tank I add some acro power and they start to speed back up. Keep up the good work

The frag tank is down and gone as of a few weeks ago, I found that I just did not have the time or the patience for two tanks, I was running into bacterial issues and trying to keep it balanced was proving to be too much for me.

Sick as a dog this week so spent a few hours just siting in front of the tank taking some pictures, things seem to be back on track lately, lost a few acros for seemingly NO reason, all parameters are where they should be and nothing else has changed or been introduced, guess that's just the nature of the game!

Pictures:

VzTufnf.jpg

A rare picture of all the tank idiots at once!
891xB6a.jpg

lv7uINc.jpg

YNfqs9B.jpg

GFA23RO.jpg
QkUkJK9.jpg

DTzB61i.jpg
3b3kdiH.jpg
7w3YPCM.jpg
JyL9Cui.jpg
NqStIHz.jpg

8pUJ4QT.jpg

Bounce has settled in really nicely

WhQ1J75.jpg

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been doing spectacular lately.

Switched back to the coral lab SPS AB+ schedule, was running the radiant colors for awhile, but noticed I wasn't getting as deep colors on my sps as I was with the coral labs. Lots of new vertical growth on my SPS, that makes me happy. Water clarity has been unreal as of late too, it looks like crystal! I also picked up a flipper algae scrubber, was finally able to get some of the coraline spots that have been driving me nuts.

JIlWedx.jpg

Also I finally got some good pictures showing me "Chaeto basket" that I got from the DIY section on here. I attribute my tanks great health to this little thing. Here are some pictures:

sAgoE2t.jpg

This is my chaeto "lawn basket" I found a post on Reef2Reef where another member had done this and thought I would give it a shot, I had never had amazing chaeto growth, ever since doing this it has been INSANE.

cRN44ME.jpg

The "lawn" or loaf of chaeto removed from the fuge. The "basket" is made from eggcrate trimmed and superglued, you can build it however big you want to,

GTuLbEV.jpg

B5W0ron.jpg

Cutting the lawn.

zQn64Cj.jpg

Trimmed, ready to go back in the fuge.

aJCg5nH.jpg

GJGwNX5.jpg

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that's good to know , my ADA 75p is nearly the same size as your Elos . So I am just trying to figure out what type of pumps I should run on my tank. Thinking of doing Vortechs by either two mp10s or a single mp40 , or Tunze pumps either two 6045 's or two 6040's

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some big changes coming to the tank, after spending too many visits at my friends house who runs a t5/MH setup I decided to take the plunge and give it a shot when I came across a 24" giesemann fixture.

To mount the light the way I wanted I would need to move the tank, I had almost immediately regretted place the tank sideways in a corner, so this was my chance to move it.

Just before the "move"
jCLcRua.jpg

Drained
1y13Kgj.jpg

And the perks of having two solid structures
tzxqHCQ.jpg

T4maqZQ.jpg

A little scoot and 30 minutes later everything was back to normal with a temporary light. I have much better access behind and to the sides of the tank now which will give me an opportunity to clean up some electrical that has been bothering me.

wIhQ7y6.jpg

As for the light! I found a post in the for sale area on here and fell in love with the way he mounted his light, it will fit very well with the other decor in our house (and the wife actually likes it too)

PdNHh7h.jpg

And the light fixture, it's a 250watt MH with 4 t5 bulbs, I have decided to paint it flat white with plastidip, so I will be stripping it down tomorrow for paint, hopefully I will have everything up and running in two days or so!

nm8yqt5.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool light mount!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back