ELOS drain question - cleaning out a clog

fishdrummer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The interior part of the return appears to be clogged with debris (inside the gray plastic housing which I can't get to efficiently) . Has anyone deal w this and what did you use to unclog it ? I started with a wire coat hanger ...it did some help but the flow is still heavily restricted.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The interior part of the return appears to be clogged with debris (inside the gray plastic housing which I can't get to efficiently) . Has anyone deal w this and what did you use to unclog it ? I started with a wire coat hanger ...it did some help but the flow is still heavily restricted.

Can you post some pictures of the area that your talking about?

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd try disconnecting the existing drain and plumb in one to flush out into a bucket. Clean the interior walls best you can and flush with water into the bucket so that gunk doesn't make its way into the sump. It is tight in there and not sure what the best tools would be to scrub the walls and surfaces in there. I know mine gets pretty ugly. JP

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back