Elysia sp. ?

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2011
Messages
6,124
Reaction score
1,753
Location
Chesterfield, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a few of these tiny babies eating algae and trying to ID:

Elysia_sp.jpg
 
It's one of the algae eating species for sure; I can't add much for species ID.
 
Cool! Where did it come from?
 
I found 3 of them on the plug of a new acro frag that arrived yesterday. Before I dip new acquisitions, I place them in a container with tank water and use a turkey baster to see what comes off before dipping. I don't like to needlessly kill beneficials. :angel:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new