Emerald crab / dislocated claw?

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
1,566
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While trying to move an emerald crab to a different tank, I tried to pushed him off the rock with forceps. In the process, I accidentally hit his claw pretty hard against the rock. When I finally got him moved, I looked closer and saw that his claw seems to be dislocated and he keeps grabbing at it with his other claw. I feel bad.
Any chance a molt fixes that?
 
Bump.
I feel terrible about injuring this little guy. It looks like he's not able to close the injured claw.
 
He molted, both his claws are now functional.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new