Emerald Crab harming RBTA?

JOberloh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6144.JPG
Hello, I have a relatively new tank and that has been up and running for about two full months now. In the tank I have two clowns, two Astrea snails, a rose bubble tip anemone, and an emerald crab.

My anemones health seems to of gone up and down and up and down lately… One thing that I've noticed is that my emerald crab seems to be living directly under the anemone, right next to its foothold. In the picture it is very hard to see, however you can see it's two legs holding on the front of the rock. Does anyone think that this could be a factor to the varying health of my anemone?

I also hope that someday my clowns will host the rose bubble tip anemone. Does anybody foresee the emerald crab being a deterrence to that happening?

Any advice is appreciated!

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones can be a touchy species.. they tend to do best in more mature systems (6+ months). Because your tank is still pretty new, I'm sure you're experiencing a few parameter swings.

Emeralds don't tend to mess with nems

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree with the above. Its a bit early for a nem. Usually 6 months at least to let your tank stabilise. The crab will not usually bother them but you never know. The same as fish you could have 1 who does but unlikely

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

I have 2 BTA and 3 emerald crabs. The crabs never bother the BTA.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back