Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plenty of other animals that eat GHA

why not just be the crab yourself?
Hard to reach places, fear of it just spreading (I’ve read about that a lot with bubble algae), and as much trouble as my emerald caused, I liked the little guy lol

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with them is that they always eat coral, yet I still keep trying them :(. The most recent three I put in, even with a bounty of different algae to choose from, preferred to snack on SPS. The two I managed to catch are now sump CUC.

OP
OP
BContos

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The emerald crabs are actually going to be a food source for the target species I am getting so they will not be in there much longer. The only reason I got them so early was because all the ones at my LFS are small and I wanted to give them time to grow out a little. They are also cute and full of personality.

Why do snails die:
Starvation
High or low PH
Salinity elevated
Water temp too warm
High Nitrates
The snail that was ate was a new addition to the tank and had only been in the tank for 3 hours max. They were shipped and due to a delay on the plane arrived 5 hours late. They were wrapped in a damp paper towel so I am thinking it might have been on its way out the door. All other snails in my tank and the new additions are doing well.

If this specific emerald crab shows any further aggression he will go in the sump until feeding day!

Back