Emerald Crab picking at bare rock?

ZzyzxRiver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,170
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My emerald crab is scraping at a shadowed part of my rockwork that has zero algae on it (and there is plenty of algae for her, she's doing a great job on it). Theres a little pile of rubble gathering under her and lots of it out in the water column. I don't even have a good hypothesis for what the reason could be. It's somewhere she hangs out when she's not eating, but she has plenty of secure hidey-holes all over that she uses, too. Has anyone experienced this kind of behavior before?
 
I assumed there was something minuscule…. I wish I spoke crab, I would direct it one inch over to the hair algae LOL
My emerald crabs love to eat the coraline algae off my rocks!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new