Emerald Crab riding my Starfish

nfencer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Location
Forsyth
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I am new to keeping a saltwater tank. I just added a emerald crab into my tank. I saw the crab on my starfish on the glass and I thought it was attacking my starfish so I removed it from the starfish. After a few hours I checked back and the crab is right back on my starfish. I'm just not sure if I should be worried. I do have algae higher up on the glass because of my snails so I'm not sure if that's what he was doing. Im just not sure if its normal since i cant really find anything on it.
 
I also just noticed them at the bottom of my tank with the crab reaching its claw around the starfish body and eating something so im assuming its not hurting the starfish
 
when in doubt, sump it out. crab must be evicted to avoid complications.

either that or continue monitoring it closely to see if its actually hurting the starfish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new