Emergency Advice Needed - Reefer 250 Pinhole Seam Leak

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture and video attached. This pinhole leak is on the bottom of the right back panel. I'm guessing with it that low my options are one, drain and warranty claim.... Do I have any other options. I'm so bummed as the tank has been thriving.... No way to just patch right?

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 9.45.57 AM.png

Attachments

• IMG_0980.MOV
    58.2 MB
OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks. With all the stories of Red Sea why do people keep buying these.
I didn't know at the time. It's what my LFS stores had and recommended and RedSea seems to have a huge marketing budget

OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question. It's an extremely small pinhole, maybe one drop every 30 seconds. And looking at the ground there is a good bit of dry salt who knows how long it's been happening... The rest of the silicon, even around the pinhole, looks perfectly fine.

Am I okay to wait for RedSea to send me a replacement display tank? Can I do a dirty patch of some kind to hold me over? I don't really have the means or ability to transfer everything into a temp spot.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question. It's an extremely small pinhole, maybe one drop every 30 seconds. And looking at the ground there is a good bit of dry salt who knows how long it's been happening... The rest of the silicon, even around the pinhole, looks perfectly fine.

Am I okay to wait for RedSea to send me a replacement display tank? Can I do a dirty patch of some kind to hold me over? I don't really have the means or ability to transfer everything into a temp spot.
You'll need to find a way to transfer everything into a temp tank. It could even be a brute trashcan. That tank could blow at any moment.

OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To close the loop on this thread.

Feb 3rd (Saturday): Pinhole leak discovered and support ticket submitted to RedSea
Feb 5th (Monday): RedSea approves replacement display tank
Feb 6th (Tuesday): Tank shipped via expedited freight
Feb 9th (Friday): Tank Delivered
Feb 16th (Friday): LFS assists and completes tank transfer

Feb 17th (Day of this post): Tank is looking good, all fish and coral seem to be fine. Crossing my fingers that I got really unlucky getting a leak on a RedSea G2 tank. If it happens again or when upgrade fever hits I'm really tempted by Cade tanks.

Happy to have this resolved, a stressful two weeks...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back