Need advice about leaking Avast Kalk reactor

Robert Ranciato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi. I have a Avast Kalk reactor that has formed a little leak on the bottom where the clear tube contacts the white bottom cap. It's leaking from the glued seam. I tried to add some acrylic glue that came with the kit but it didn't work. I contacted the company and they told me to try and use a 2 part epoxy on the inside. I can't get my hand down to the bottom to glue it from the inside. Can anyone recommend a fix. Is there anything I can use to seal it from the outside? I was also thinking about cutting the bottom of the clear chamber and purchasing a new bottom cap. I'm just not sure on how to make that flush cut, and what to use to make that precise cut. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Merry christmas

Screenshot_20231218_143437_Photos~2.jpg 20231217_203629.jpg

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not seeing, take this with a grain of salt. If you can dry out the joint where the leak is completely, maybe use alcohol as well, you could try pulling a little of the adhesive into the joint from the outside by using a vacuum cleaner gently on the inside. Maybe set the lid/ motor on top and loosely put the vacuum hose over the outlet. You don’t want a perfect seal as that may collapse somehing but getting a gentle suction on and off should get the adhesive into the joint for a good bond.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would fill the bottom with a 2 part epoxy. Like the kind they use on tables. Something you can pour. You can shorten the shaft for the stirrer if necessary.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have a Avast Kalk reactor that has formed a little leak on the bottom where the clear tube contacts the white bottom cap. It's leaking from the glued seam. I tried to add some acrylic glue that came with the kit but it didn't work. I contacted the company and they told me to try and use a 2 part epoxy on the inside. I can't get my hand down to the bottom to glue it from the inside. Can anyone recommend a fix. Is there anything I can use to seal it from the outside? I was also thinking about cutting the bottom of the clear chamber and purchasing a new bottom cap. I'm just not sure on how to make that flush cut, and what to use to make that precise cut. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Merry christmas

Screenshot_20231218_143437_Photos~2.jpg 20231217_203629.jpg
If you were going to replace the whole bottom seal I would think you would need a lathe to cut it off. Just make sure it runs true, use a cut off tool and then a finished tool on the bottom.

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seal the outside of the reactor with the 2-part. I had the same problem and mine no longer leaks.

Another option, you can ship it back to Avast they will cut it and glue it back.

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought my reactor was doing the same thing. Not sure if this is the case, but I took it off and cleaned it out. Let it sit on my counter for a day 3/4 filled with no leak. Mine ended up being the o-ring in the discharge tube dripping when running and landing on that lip. Just something to check prior to epoxy. I ended up buying the epoxy and was ready to attempt to seal it from the outside. Something told me to let it sit to verify the location of the leak. Just a thought. Good luck

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back