Emergency! At what temp do you get concerned?

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fans will help but you need something now. With you not getting home to Monday, thats the hard part. Can you control your lights remotely? Pumps? Turn everything off except return pump till u get home

I turned the lights off remotely as well as the heater.
So far its holding steady at 81.

JustAnotherNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run an opposite light schedule in summer if needed. (Lights come on at 9-10pm). Just a trick that I know some use that don’t even have air conditioning. Lots of fans and it stays down. Lights can’t be on tho.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
82.5- 83.5 but no longer an issue as I installed a chiller unit

happaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80-81 in my mixed reef. Only problem is there isn't too much wiggle room if something goes wrong. I remember years ago Ron Shimek mapped out the temp swings on different reefs and argued 77-78 degrees was too low, kinda like winter time temps on the reef.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Empty used milk jug filled with water and then frozen and then placed in the sump does
W O N D E R S. Keep two while rotating one.

BTW..... you never mentioned what you are concerned about. Fish? Coral? Both can acclimate if the rise is slow..i guess I'd start freaking at 85, 86

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Empty used milk jug filled with water and then frozen and then placed in the sump does
W O N D E R S. Keep two while rotating one.

BTW..... you never mentioned what you are concerned about. Fish? Coral? Both can acclimate if the rise is slow..i guess I'd start freaking at 85, 86

Fish really. We only have the one coral and that duncan has survive (and thrived) all white lights being left on for 3 days and seemingly bleaching it as well as falling off a rock and half it being buried in the sand for multiple days. I'm not sure I could kill that thing if I tried lol.

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's staid stable since we got home. I haven't had a chance to check the probes since we got home late last night but considering the temp is staying stable I have to think they are fine.
I will say that the person house sitting plugged in an air purifier and pointed it at the sump instead of a box fan lol. That would explain why the temp didn't drop while the fan was on it haha.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back