EMERGENCY Can you mix copper power with ruby reef rally pro ammonia reducer?

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 with copper power in it to treat ich but it killed some beneficial bacteria so now the ammonia is increasing I added prime but that only lowers it temporarily, I will add oxygenation at the top since ruby reef rally pro ammonia reducer decreases oxygen a lot, can I mix these two? Theres no live rock and just a bit of crushed coral which im taking out every hour... btw... can I add freshwater ornaments made of plastic just to provide sleeping spots and caves for my niger??? Its a 36" petsmart destroyed haunted boat..., the treatment started yesterday at early evening so do you think by now the crushed coral has increased/decreased the copper? I also left a big live rock for my niger but took it out 5 hours ago.

8A6B7046-1746-4426-902E-E3A5BB9BF9EB.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby Reef Rally is ok to use with an ammonia reducer like Prime, etc. You might want to try adding BioSpira to counteract the ammonia issues.
The problem with the rock Is that it will absorb and release copper and medications. So it will be challenging to maintain a constant level.
Sure add in those plastic ornaments. It's a great idea for a QT. I do it. Seems to lower the stress of the fish significantly.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back