EMERGENCY gymnothorax tile eel slowly dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter HAAAAAAAA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HAAAAAAAA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2022
Messages
970
Reaction score
526
Location
Karnataka
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the lfs earlier and I saw a gymnothorax tile not moving but just breathing upside down, I figured out that they had kept it in freshwater, and are mostly brackish/saltwater, I remembered keeping one before which led me to having a saltwater aquarium, thanks to this fish i got into the saltwater hobby, I felt bad for it and wanna try saving it, it's in pure freshwater so can I just dump him in the saltwater? I've heard that people usually just dump em in the saltwater, i have a quarantine tank set up for my new upcoming saltwater fish so I am gonna use that tank for him
 
Put it in brackish and slowly raise the salinity. It sounds to sick to recover, but give it a go!
 
Yeah you might be able to save it but may not. Im one that would rather try to save it on the off chance I can save it and if not at least it died with someone who tried to save it
 
Thanks for the help guys, it sadly died on the drive, though, I really did wish it would've survived, i was willing to make a separate aquarium for him aswell, if only I was a day earlier at the lfs, I might've been able to save him
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new