EMERGENCY ( Well kind of) Kessil 160we for my tank?

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, I have seen an ad for a used kessle light 160we (Marine)It comes without a goosneck so I will have to buy one new (24inch)
I have about half an hour (Hence the "EMERGENCY ( Well kind of)" to think about it and thought I would check with you guys before I go pic it up. It is going on a 16x16x16 ins AIO tank. Like I said I think it is a good choice.
Input anyone as to my choice? It is going cheap and my tank budget is not big Kinda scrimped and saved to put my tank together

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s good for that sized tank I have a used eBay one and it’s perfect

Ninja10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used A160WE with goose mount and I did not like the goose mount. The goose mount is too long for my Waterbox Cube 20. I ended up ordering the Kessil arm mount and it is much better then the goose mount.

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ninja.........and talk about timming mate! I bought the lamp without a mount and was goung to buy the gooseneck for budgetary reasons but I would have to wait for the Gooseneck. The local store has the premium mount in stock. You just made up my mind. Have been debating with myself..............debate over, thanks again!

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running a Coral box moon which was awsome both I and the corals loved it. But it has no knobs and is set by a phone app. Me and APPS are not best friends. hence that why I bought the Kessil
I was runing from Blue to white spectrum 50% 50% 50% 6% 6% 6%.With no ramping. I have some questions regarding avoiding shocking my corals with a different spectrum and intensity. I will try to match by eye and intuition but that is basically fancy words for guessing. Any hints?

QUESTIONS:
Do you guys just run it on timer or use the Kessil controller?
What settings do you use at what height from the top of water in what size tank.

Thanks guys

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back