Emergency

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charlie G
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hi Just an update.
I finally caught the shrimp and relocated it this past Sunday. On Tuesday I noticed something coming out of the mouth. BJD?
I did a search on R2R. One protocol I saw that sounded promising was to:
Dip in 2 cups tank water and witch hazel (or peroxide) fir 15 min.
Then 2 cups tank water and 1/3 packet furan 2 for15 min.
Then dip in 2 cups tank water and iodine for 15 min. Rinse and put back. Repeat other days if necessary.

I did not have furan2 so did the peroxide and iodine.

I did that and looked ok. Still not opening much but not expelling anything else.

Then today I saw it expel ‘brown stuff’ again.
I’m including a picture and some video.

Hope someone can confirm if it’s BJD.

I dipped in peroxide and iodine again.

Question:
1- is it bjd
2-is this a death sentence or is there an accepted protocol. I would like a protocol where I remove from the tank and dip. Don’t want to medicate my tank unless absolutely necessary.
3-any other suggestions appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4442.mov
    22.7 MB
  • IMG_4441.mov
    10.7 MB
  • IMG_4440.jpeg
    IMG_4440.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4439.jpeg
    IMG_4439.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 45

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new