Emperor Angel Journey from Juvenile to Adult

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My emperor Angelfish is in a 180G tank - and is definitely the boss. Strangely, when he gets agitated with the other fish (2 yellow tanks especially) he makes a audible noise... almost like a grunt.... you can hear it clear across the room. Been having trouble with lots of SPS, LPS etc but not sure if it's the emperor or a flame angelfish. I got both before i really know what was going on with reef tanks but am hesitant to get rid of them....
DSC_1433.jpeg

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My emperor Angelfish is in a 180G tank - and is definitely the boss. Strangely, when he gets agitated with the other fish (2 yellow tanks especially) he makes a audible noise... almost like a grunt.... you can hear it clear across the room. Been having trouble with lots of SPS, LPS etc but not sure if it's the emperor or a flame angelfish. I got both before i really know what was going on with reef tanks but am hesitant to get rid of them....
DSC_1433.jpeg
Mine used to grunt to, wish I still had him and that tank he was in to.

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My emperor Angelfish is in a 180G tank - and is definitely the boss. Strangely, when he gets agitated with the other fish (2 yellow tanks especially) he makes an audible noise... almost like a grunt.... you can hear it clear across the room. Been having trouble with lots of SPS, LPS etc but not sure if it's the emperor or a flame angelfish. I got both before i really know what was going on with reef tanks but am hesitant to get rid of them....
DSC_1433.jpeg
Great looking Emperor you have there!

Mine (General Tso) lives in a 270 gal mixed reef and soon polished off zoas, palys, trachys and started snacking on a giant toadstool. Torches, hammers, mushrooms and yumas are all thriving. Regarding sps; only damage is breakage from the Emp chasing his arch enemy, the Copperband. Oh yeah, and lots of barking when he’s mad, lol.

Check out and post photos/details of your Emp on the thread ‘Emperors of R2R’, currently 19 pages.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That grunting noise is actually their rib(s) rubbing on the swim bladder. I hear that pretty often from my blueface angel. Pretty funny but sometimes startling. :0)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back