Empty tank/clear space rock structure for tangs.

kingkapoor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
206
Reaction score
110
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on getting one yellow and one blue tang for this waterbox130.

i kept the rock structure simple.
Should I add more for them to hide or is the swimming space better?

E425148C-C2FF-4EAF-A0F6-4E24D185551A.jpeg
 
Correct me if I’m wrong is the length of that tank around 48”?
 
Yes sir 48x24
Those tangs might need a bit of more swimming room once they grow larger. I’ve noticed they like a 6’ tank for there needs. But I’m sure they will be fine until they grow larger. I would leave the rock scape how it is for them guys to swim, maybe make a few caves for hiding. Beautiful tank by the way!
 
uh oh.... the tang police are going to be dropping by.....

I think I would add more rocks for caves and swing through for them. I have a Powder blue and an orange shoulder in my 75g and they love the swim throughs....

The tang police haven't knocked on my door...… yet...
 
Those tangs might need a bit of more swimming room once they grow larger. I’ve noticed they like a 6’ tank for there needs. But I’m sure they will be fine until they grow larger. I would leave the rock scape how it is for them guys to swim, maybe make a few caves for hiding. Beautiful tank by the way!
I absolutely understand.
Because its not a forever forever home I didnt buy the larger tank.
For now I plan on buying a small baby tang and holding it for about 2 years , then selling or upgrading

thank you! First time im able to do a full size tank
 
I absolutely understand.
Because its not a forever forever home I didnt buy the larger tank.
For now I plan on buying a small baby tang and holding it for about 2 years , then selling or upgrading

thank you! First time im able to do a full size tank
I know how that goes the house I’m in now I had to go smaller than wanting we are moving in a few weeks and I can finally have my dream tank. It took many years but finally is happening and will happen you as well congrats on the tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new