Encrusters - are there low-aggression options?

  • Thread starter Thread starter driftin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

driftin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2020
Messages
287
Reaction score
386
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering getting the Darth Maul porites, which I believe is an encruster. How aggressive is it towards acros when they grow into eachother?

And since I'm asking, what about other encrusters like leptoseris (eg Jason Fox JackOLantern) or leptastrea?
 
I had a green encrusting monti and an acro grow into each other and they fought for a bit but the acro won out
92073AF8-9240-4E33-99E2-2BD5005E3DF0.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new