Encrusting coral back walls

Mini neon spongodes looks fantastic
Also the heavy plastic on the rear of fw glass covers adheres great to a clean vertical surface. Just glue the frag to a 1” square piece. Super glue it to the back. Just make sure you don’t want to remove it later
 
Trying to get a good photo of my wrasse that finally came out of hiding, and my cyphastrea was showing off a little.
20230428_135833.jpg

20230428_140007.jpg
 
Perhaps an odd question, but, aside from “coral propagation tools” … how do you prevent the encrustables from taking over side panels?

also, I do not mean to hijack. So, feel free to tell me I’m not the captain.

Captain Phillips GIF
 
Perhaps an odd question, but, aside from “coral propagation tools” … how do you prevent the encrustables from taking over side panels?

also, I do not mean to hijack. So, feel free to tell me I’m not the captain.

Captain Phillips GIF
Skin Care Beard GIF by Barber Bond
 
Perhaps an odd question, but, aside from “coral propagation tools” … how do you prevent the encrustables from taking over side panels?

also, I do not mean to hijack. So, feel free to tell me I’m not the captain.

Captain Phillips GIF
No - all for the discussion! Good point. I’m not sure to be honest, but I think the scraper does do the job. Although obvious requires constant attention potentially.
 
Hello everyone,

I just glued a bunch of different cyphastrea to the back wall in my tank. So far so good... I'm wondering if I could see any pics of any successful back wall encrusters from other reefers here.

Here's an example from @rusgum
1674571933845.png



Looks like an encrusting monti on the left side. It really looks stunning here. My vision is to get my back wall totally encrusted by various LPS / potentially SPS. I also understand people have done this with GSP / xenia. I've heard of people even doing it with wall hammers...

1674572071180.png


1674572204274.png


1674572218209.png


Would love to get some back wall pictures going in this thread - let's see what you guys got! Thanks!

Charlie
Amazing actually
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new