Encrusting coral over dead acro

I've had a digi monti kill off and start growing over an acro frag that just never took off does that count?

I've had favites grow over vertimid snails creating this weird long growth.

Usually if an acro dies, I'd rather cut the skeleton and move in a new acro.
Based on my observations encrusting corals over an acro doesn't look as cool as I imagine it in my mind, those corals have a mind of their own.
 
I've had a digi monti kill off and start growing over an acro frag that just never took off does that count?

I've had favites grow over vertimid snails creating this weird long growth.

Usually if an acro dies, I'd rather cut the skeleton and move in a new acro.
Based on my observations encrusting corals over an acro doesn't look as cool as I imagine it in my mind, those corals have a mind of their own.
So I wanted to put a monti on like a big acro colony skeleton and see how it would look.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new