Encrusting Coral question!

Yuki Rihwa

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
751
Reaction score
847
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm pretty much done stocking clams, now I wonder what encrusting coral that like high color/intensity I want them to cover my tank back and side walls and stay flat so it don't take up space and shade anything below it. I was plan to get Xenia and GSP taking over tank wall but Xenia don't spread like I was expected, same for GSP they are looking good but don't spread out like they should have by now lol
*Last resort option that I just let coraline taking over the tank wall since they are spreading like wild fire under high wind :P
 
Lol. Your tank must be too clean for the Xenia.

I grew a sunset monti on disk high up on the side of my tank.

I'm doing the same with an orange setosa right now. Those will branch a bit
Yeah, I guess my clams sucking up a lot of nutrition and they don't leave much left for Xenia.
That Orange Setosa is a nice one too, I'll find a spot for it in my tank.
 
If you head south , I know a guy.
This is the other colony.
Lol

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG
 
Yes it is, I thought the mystic and cherry tree would fight but there making a wall between eachother.
 
Bag.jpg
@Yuki Rihwa, done adding clams...HA! You can't fool us sir;):D
hahaha I guess I failed!
I walk around LFS to look for those corals you guys suggested....I ended up with another clam! :rolleyes:o_O:oops:
Well after this one I officially I don't have more space for more clams unless I pack them like Sardine tin can :p
They have some encrust monti but they are just plain light orange color so I passed.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new