Encrusting montipora together..

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JDJP

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2015
Messages
386
Reaction score
133
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued some monti cap skeleton together and attached that to a rock out away from my main structures.
c1a0b3ee876f8210c2fe152c408638ef.jpg


I want to put my superman, sunset, and mystic sunset out on the cap skeleton. And some acros on the rock.

I am wondering what will happen when the montis meet? Will one just cover the other?

Does anyone have a similar situation in their tanks or have pictures of it?

ab9c1f3297c47b530fb36a6d63045372.jpg
 
They will fight. I'm going to say they will be almost equal matched. You will have some slime where they meet in the mornings. One may try to grow upwards and over the other but growth tends to slow down where they fight.
 
Just took these today. One usually overpowers the other. Its not a very fast process though.

Mystic Sunset Vs Rainbow

mystic%20vs%20rainbow%20Large_zpsd2i7n81e.jpg


Purple Haze Vs Superman

purple%20haze%20vs%20superman%20Large_zps3idv3vzp.jpg


Purple Haze Vs UWW Sunburst

purple%20haze%20vs%20uww%20sunburst%20Large_zpsfqxccuqx.jpg
 
Nice thanks for the replies and pictures
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new