Encrusting Montiporas

  • Thread starter Thread starter oysterk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

oysterk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
422
Reaction score
358
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys think they are harder or easier than regular plating montis?
 
Yes some are more difficult. I do not think I have ever lost a plating Monti, but I have lost several encrusting Montis.
 
I don't think there much different than other Monti not a big fan of the encrusting because you almost have to have there own rock to them selfs if got three different encrusting and my favorite is my chocolate chip . Love any Monti my favorite Sps. But again think far as taking care of there same to me there pretty hardy corals .
 
For me, encrusting montis have been super easy just like plating and digi once established.

I lost a frag each of mystic sunset and purple haze when I first brought them home, second try on both they grew like crazy right away. Probably moving stress.

All my encrusting montis are kept on the sandbed though, way too invasive on the rockwork.
 
That's a great idea putting them on the sand bed never thought of that I'll have to try that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new