Encrusting not really branching

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigO

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
17
Location
Puerto Rico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

So I have a pavona that has grown out some but it has encrusted on the rock just as much if not more, could that mean my light are not putting out enough par? I have gen6 xr 15 about 10 inches above water at 90% and the sps are anywhere between 6-8 inches under the water.
 
I'd think that encrusting rather than branching would mean the coral has ample light, just elementary reasoning if a coral has more light than it needs, it might be less likely to grow branches trying to reach toward the light. Could be wrong...
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new