Enduro DI and Mega Maxcap DI opinions?

badstraw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I've heard that spectrapure launched two new products: Enduro DI and Mega Maxcap DI.

Both of them are pretty expensive, have you guys test them? do they worth their cost?

I'm planning to upgrade my vertex puratek with this:

0.2 Micron (Absolute) ZetaZorb® Sediment Filter Cartridge
0.5 Micron Carbon Block Filter 10-inch
Flow Restrictor - Standard - 90-GPD
SpectraSelect Plus 90-GPD RO 99 Percent Rejection Membrane

Im not sure to order the DI part:
SilicaBuster DI Cartridge - Color-Indicating SuperDI 10-inch
MaxCap® DI Cartridge - SuperDI 10-inch

or the new Enduro DI and mega maxcap DI resin.

I would appreciate any input.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed them about 6 weeks ago but don't expect to know anything for over a year, closer to two years if their claims are correct which based on my history with the MaxCap and SilicaBusters I think they will be. I get well over 1000 gallons out of a MaxCap and 3000 gallons out of a SilicaBuster and Charles told me the new ones should double that. What seems expensive initially ends up being much less expensive in the long run.
They have been testing these new DI's for several years and they will not sell anything not up to their standards.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using them since they first came out and no data yet. which is a good thing!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a tds meter, I wouldn't worry about getting the color indicating ones. That narrows it down to 2. I love the Maxcap cartridge! Looks like I will be trying the newest one next time I order. I make a lot of water and seem to go through di fairly quickly compared to others. I'm still trying to figure it out honestly, but spectrapure filters and di resin is very high quality stuff!

OP
OP
badstraw

badstraw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed them about 6 weeks ago but don't expect to know anything for over a year, closer to two years if their claims are correct which based on my history with the MaxCap and SilicaBusters I think they will be. I get well over 1000 gallons out of a MaxCap and 3000 gallons out of a SilicaBuster and Charles told me the new ones should double that. What seems expensive initially ends up being much less expensive in the long run.
They have been testing these new DI's for several years and they will not sell anything not up to their standards.
That's good to hear!!
So I guess I'm gonna pull the trigger and get the enduro and megamaxcap instead of the regular ones.

OP
OP
badstraw

badstraw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a tds meter, I wouldn't worry about getting the color indicating ones. That narrows it down to 2. I love the Maxcap cartridge! Looks like I will be trying the newest one next time I order. I make a lot of water and seem to go through di fairly quickly compared to others. I'm still trying to figure it out honestly, but spectrapure filters and di resin is very high quality stuff!

Since the color changing one costs about the same as the regular one, so I think it doesn't really matter that much.
I think I'm going to order the new DI resin.. :)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion the color indicating resin isn't as good. But that's just my experience. I went through it faster.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure's color changing resin works exactly the same as non changing. and it's much more accurate than inline tds meters.

I'm about 1/2 way through my mega maxcap and I've put around 500 gallons of putrid AZ water though it.

Last edited:

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure's color changing resin works exactly the same as non changing. and it's much more accurate than inline tds meters.

I'm about 1/2 way through my enduro and I've put around 500 gallons of putrid AZ water though it.

Good to know! I don't see how it can be more accurate than tds meter, if it's tds your actually wanting to measure? Does it indicate something else?

That's awesome about the enduro! I've thought about adding dual di stage, but I may have to try that first.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned inlinene tds meters. they are notorious for being inaccurate because they don't have temperature compensation. I'll be using my expensive handheld to see how accurate the color changing is on these.

I'd recommend getting the dual add-on and using and mega maxcap then enduro as a polisher.

Good to know! I don't see how it can be more accurate than tds meter, if it's tds your actually wanting to measure? Does it indicate something else?

That's awesome about the enduro! I've thought about adding dual di stage, but I may have to try that first.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a long day and I got the filters mixed up. mega maxcap is the color indicating roughing stage. enduro di is the polishing stage.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the Vertex does not have the features that make the UHE what it is. The biggest thing is the Vertex flushes with plain old high TDS tap water, the UHE flushes with stored RO/DI water then pickles the membrane soaking in DI when it is not in use. Huge, huge difference and why no other system on the market works as well.

Johnseye

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a few years since the start of this thread. What's the verdict on the Enduro and Mega?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don’t have the Spectrapure Enduro or Mega, I am running their MaxCap high capacity and SilicaBuster high capacity DI cartridges. My DI cartridges are a little over 2 years old. I make 25 gallons per week and both DI stages are still producing 0 TDS water.

My source water is around 85 TDS and post RO membrane before hitting the DI stage, it hovers between 1 and 0 TDS. I also do use a DI bypass valve to eliminate TDS creep water upon startup in order to preserve and prolong DI resin life.

Based on my experience with Spectrapure DI cartridges, I would think that their Enduro and Mega would be solid performers as well.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 110 43.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 121 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 23 9.1%
Back