Engineer gobies attacking eachother?

Kitana_S86

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always heard engineer gobiew get along. I had 3 before who were always slept and swam together. Unfortunately they died of some horrible stuff I'm still not sure what it was.
Anyways, I bought another 2 little ones from my lfs and unlike the first three, these two never burrowed or swam together. They have always stayed near eachother but not too close. Lately I keep catching them doing what I assume is fighting. They latch on each other and bite each others face. They don't seem hurt and it usually doesn't last more than 5 secs at a time but I am now worried that as they grow more and more they will end up killing eachother. Any thoughts?
 
I've always heard engineer gobiew get along. I had 3 before who were always slept and swam together. Unfortunately they died of some horrible stuff I'm still not sure what it was.
Anyways, I bought another 2 little ones from my lfs and unlike the first three, these two never burrowed or swam together. They have always stayed near eachother but not too close. Lately I keep catching them doing what I assume is fighting. They latch on each other and bite each others face. They don't seem hurt and it usually doesn't last more than 5 secs at a time but I am now worried that as they grow more and more they will end up killing eachother. Any thoughts?
I've never heard of this. From what I know of them, these little guys don't commonly show aggression. Perhaps something else is going on, and someone can chime in if they have an idea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new