Enough lighting and flow?

alex277

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently in the process of setting up a Waterbox 220.6 which has 72x25x24 dimensions. This is the first reef tank I’ll be doing so I had some questions. I’ve looked into all the corals I’m wanting to add in and they all require medium light and medium flow. I was planning to add in 2 ecotech mp40’s and 3 kessil a360x lights. I wanted to know if this would be sufficient to meet the medium light and flow? Or is that too low or too high? Any help would be appreciated!

pghreeferteam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently in the process of setting up a Waterbox 220.6 which has 72x25x24 dimensions. This is the first reef tank I’ll be doing so I had some questions. I’ve looked into all the corals I’m wanting to add in and they all require medium light and medium flow. I was planning to add in 2 ecotech mp40’s and 3 kessil a360x lights. I wanted to know if this would be sufficient to meet the medium light and flow? Or is that too low or too high? Any help would be appreciated!

OP
OP
A

alex277

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve seen the videos posted but they only do up to 4 foot tanks, this is a 6 foot. Particularly for the flow, coming from the sides, this is a huge difference. Also they give par indications for lighting but I’m not even sure what is considered “medium” lighting in terms of par.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 58 54.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back