Enough with the live sales already

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live sales are a choice.
I sat through 1 and got stuff I wanted. All the time people would complain. “Bots, I can’t get anything, stop going so fast, go slower”. Complaint after complaint during the entire time. Many vowed never again. A person even got banned during the event.

The only thing that makes it worth doing is Money. Pure unadulterated cash in the bank. So it’s worth it to the vendor to put up with that.

As a buyer, I have said several times. I would much prefer to go to a website cruise through what’s available and buy what I like. No games, no speed clicking no time limits.

As a consumer, I do shop with my wallet. If a company has 100 corals on their website but is having a 3000 coral sale over a weekend they really disappoint me. As with everything, I choose not to do business with them. That and outrageous prices.

While I did do 1 live sale, I had my own reasons to do it. I’m pretty sure I won’t be doing any more, it wasn’t fun and was not worth my time.

I tallied up my savings compared to my time and money spent compared to regular prices. I saved $50 buy buying 10 corals and paying for shipping. If I tally my time, I would be in the hole about $200.

Last edited:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has rainbows in his 24.99 tank all day long same thing buy 2 get 1 free lol
I'll get you some pictures next time.
1 inch square

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can talk about How much hate live sales but I’m not going to allow anyone to bash sponsors. Please make note.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can talk about How much hate live sales but I’m not going to allow anyone to bash sponsors. Please make note.
So can we talk about live sale pricing without naming a specific sale or vendor?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, serious question. Just want to be respectful of the rules

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So can we talk about live sale pricing without naming a specific sale or vendor?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, serious question. Just want to be respectful of the rules

Sure I don’t see why not!

ReeferMadniss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the Orlando metro, so I can visit WWC with little effort. What I do instead of live sales is the EBay auctions and do free local pickup if I win. I’ve scored some really high end pieces for a fraction of what they normally cost. My advice is to bid absolutely as high as you’re willing to pay right up front....people like to “snipe” the auctions, which means that most bids come in during the last 60 seconds of the auction.
Don’t bid against yourself...just make your best offer. And if you do happen to see the frag of your dreams...then by all means bid it up!

I would recommend however that you research their retail prices for the specific coral you’re bidding on so that you don’t end up paying more than what it normally costs.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just deleted my post. No sponsor was mentioned or called ot. Just stated a simple truth to a previous posters comment.
I can get these same frags at a fraction of the price from my local lfs is all I stated.
You can go ahead and delete my account now.

Screenshot_20200516-193013_Chrome.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You just deleted my post. No sponsor was mentioned or called ot. Just stated a simple truth to a previous posters comment.
I can get these same frags at a fraction of the price from my local lfs is all I stated.
You can go ahead and delete my account now.

Screenshot_20200516-193013_Chrome.jpg

I didn’t delete your post. I edited out a post that you quoted that was deleted. Look above and you’ll see your post is still there.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The system sends the same message to everyone when there are more than one post removed.

OP
OP
BrandonS

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So hybrid flash and live sale? Wonder how that will work? Would be nice if it allowed less stressful sale but also had some for the people who want to do the high pressure possible deals thing. Interesting

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back