entering reef community

Kristine

Kris Mangan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. My name is Kris. I would like to enter the reef community. I am looking for an established business that does complete mixed reef installations and maintenance so that I can learn from someone who knows what they are doing and get things correct from the start. I live just south of Hartford and don't know what businesses to trust so I am looking for guidance from you guys please?

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zach of Achilles Aquarium Design in Southington. He helped me set up my 125G 2 years ago; delivered the tank and stand, did the plumbing and gave me good advice.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home you'll love it here!

OP
OP
Kristine

Kristine

Kris Mangan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. My name is Kris. I would like to enter the reef community. I am looking for an established business that does complete mixed reef installations and maintenance so that I can learn from someone who knows what they are doing and get things correct from the start. I live just south of Hartford and don't know what businesses to trust so I am looking for guidance from you guys please?
Zach of Achilles Aquarium Design in Southington. He helped me set up my 125G 2 years ago; delivered the tank and stand, did the plumbing and gave me good advice.
Does he have a website or store or something?

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can also ask question s to this community. everyone here is helpful and will do what they can to assist you on you journey. I will start off with the BIGGEST HARDEST piece of advice youll ever get. It is more important than anything else in this hobby.

SLOW DOWN.

When you think everything is going great and you want to take that next step, slow down look at everything and make sure. Time is a big factor in this and patience is tried, if you can master this one thing it will make the rest of it a lot more fun. I am also in Manchester and am willing to help with things. Good luck with everything.

Almost forgot this is not meant to say you are going to fast at this moment just a everyone gets excited and some times gets carried away.

OP
OP
Kristine

Kristine

Kris Mangan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can also ask question s to this community. everyone here is helpful and will do what they can to assist you on you journey. I will start off with the BIGGEST HARDEST piece of advice youll ever get. It is more important than anything else in this hobby.

SLOW DOWN.

When you think everything is going great and you want to take that next step, slow down look at everything and make sure. Time is a big factor in this and patience is tried, if you can master this one thing it will make the rest of it a lot more fun. I am also in Manchester and am willing to help with things. Good luck with everything.

Almost forgot this is not meant to say you are going to fast at this moment just a everyone gets excited and some times gets carried away.

Thank you. Trust me, I'm not going fast. I've been thinking on this for a good year now. These questions are still part of a decision process. I have been in the fish tank hobby since I was a teenager and am know middle age. I've gone in and out of the hobby and putting off the reef decision until my children were grown and I had the time.
I HAD to stop my last tank because the room it was in was undergoing construction and I knew the dust and so forth was going to impact things. I found new homes for the fish and disassembled the tank. I would like to go bigger because of the fish I'd like to keep in my next tank.
By the way I say a semi-successful because no matter who you are, and how much you know about tank husbandry, you will have unexpected issues.

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for Zach. He used to have a website but I can't find it. He used to run Realm of pets in southington and now all he does is tank maintenance. His number is 860-426-1328 definitely give him a call.

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 860-863-5988 and 860-877-9183 (mobile) for Zach. Hopefully one of these numbers will get to him. Even after he helped me set it up, he would check in with me to see how it was doing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back