Entire Favia Swelling

OperationReefTherapy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2024
Messages
68
Reaction score
58
Location
SWFL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sector 9 favia that is swelling during the day. Is this a sign something is wrong or is this ok?

IMG_1723.jpeg IMG_1744.jpeg IMG_1747.jpeg IMG_1749.jpeg
 
Looks like it just ate to me.
 
Watch out! She’s gonna blow!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
This is normal. They periodically will inflate with water and their feed tentacles will come out. Sometimes in response to food other times not really sure why.
 
Yep! Looks fine. Mine do that sometimes after feeding.
 
Awesome! Thanks you all for your responses. I put copepods in yesterday so makes sense.
 
Very generally with LPS I equate swelling and puffiness to good health/happiness.
Although inflated corals are usually healthier in captivity, healthy corals are not always inflated. In the wild, most corals have their flesh drawn tight to their skeleton. In my book, as long as the coral isn't showing skeleton/losing flesh or overly closed up, it should be fine.
Acanthastrea sp.; Kiribati | Credit: Debra Baker
1713489218049.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new