Epoxy on sps flesh

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rmckoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
8,369
Reaction score
10,642
Location
Ontario Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fairly large and thick stalk of green slimer .
The lfs I bought it from had it tied with fishing line .
I cut the line which detached the base it was attached to .
I tried 2 part epoxy which worked to attach it to the rocks . But noticed the bottom of the slimer has died

could this be to direct contact with the epoxy ?
 
It could be. Could you get a pic?
 
It could be. Could you get a pic?
I’ve already cut it and glued onto a frag plug

image.jpg
 
The epoxy definitely killed whatever part of the coral it touched but it should be fine. Assuming water and tank params are pristine it will heal and encrust over the epoxy in time.
 
The epoxy definitely killed whatever part of the coral it touched but it should be fine. Assuming water and tank params are pristine it will heal and encrust over the epoxy in time.
I’ve moved it away from the epoxy .
I will try using epoxy again but on plugs to rock .
 
I use epoxy all the time with SPS frags(super glue just doesn't work very well when a coral is all slime), they just die wherever the epoxy touches them. But as already mentioned also, they eventually encrust onto the epoxy once healed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new