Equipment for SPS WB 25

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nox.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nox.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Messages
183
Reaction score
54
Location
Long Island, New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to run an SPS dominate Waterbox 25. What lighting should I run? Would an XR15 suffice? What would work best for flow? I am looking to use a gyre so does anyone have any recommendations? If I want to automate is an Apex or Hydros better?

Thanks for the input!
Jim
 
Jim, you're going to get a LOT of different opinions on your questions.
I will say that an XR15 should be fine, but there are a lot of videos out there for you to watch regarding lighting choices.
Apex vs Hydros is an ongoing thing. Not sure how you would consider one "better" than the other. I guess it depends on what you're trying to automate.
Is this your first time trying to keep SPS? If so, a 25g tank can be more challenging that something larger. Just something else to think about.
 
No, I kept an SPS-dominated 90gal for 18 months before I started school and had to take it down. This is my first time keeping SPS in anything under 55gals so I am relatively unexperienced with nano SPS tanks.

Thanks for your response,
Jim
 
MH double ended 150 watt. used ATI light, cheap but gold standard.
 
Xr15 is more than enough light lol.. that’s all I run over a 60 gal cube that’s Sps dominated.. everything is happy as can be..
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new