Equipment Priorities - beyond the basics

Boaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great post Revhtree! Ultimate Guide Thanks for that! Should Be required reading for all newbies. Got 90% right.

Beyond the basics, I'd like to get some opinions on future. Three weeks after water add, it makes sense to do any plumbing now, before the tank is settled in. Before I list equipment, I’m not impressed with Red Sea app so far, very poor connectivity and response. Do they even know WiFi 6 is available in many homes? They seem to be stuck in the 90’s and no response from their support.

I have:
Reefer250, w/ sump and Reefer90 lights
Red Sea 300 skimmer,
Apex system
2 Apex Wav
Kessil H80 Flora sump light (clean chaeto on order, not installed yet)

I’m looking for prioritizing for other additional/future equipment needs. I’m a technical PM, so Apex was a priority for me. Not very experienced in reef-keeping. Looking for ULM in the long run. I consider water quality my highest priority. I will need to upgrade my RO system. I’m on a well, however I think it ties to whether I add automated water changes where I put the new RODI. Water storage would have to be in the basement and makes the most sense to add a second RODI in the basement.

What do you think is the most important equipment for consideration and in what priority?
Reactors
DOS
Automated Water Changes
UV Sterilizer (Can I add this with ULM system)? Thought I read it was a bad idea if using Tidal supplements.
Anything else?

I’d like to do one last plumbing update. Needs to cover everything as best I can, even if it’s just a t- connector with shutoff valve for future use. Design drawings helpful, I you have one. Getting confused on what connects where. LOL. Thanks in advance. Adios tax refund!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You have it covered

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back