Equipment to cool down a tank.

Didn’t read the whole thread but I have a 32 gallon Octo tank. Last 3 weeks the temp has been getting up to 82 and it normally runs 78-79. I bought the air king fan on BRS. Hooked it up to the apex and it turns on at 80, shuts off at 79. Been installed for 3 days and it’s high 90s outside. Tank temp right now is 79.4 and hottest it’s gotten is 80.3 since it’s been installed. It’s an eyesore as u can see from the pic since I can’t put it inside the stand. Wanted the tunze fan but it’s oos everywhere. This works

38A7BF68-5561-4360-8E24-85E95357224E.jpeg
 
Didn’t read the whole thread but I have a 32 gallon Octo tank. Last 3 weeks the temp has been getting up to 82 and it normally runs 78-79. I bought the air king fan on BRS. Hooked it up to the apex and it turns on at 80, shuts off at 79. Been installed for 3 days and it’s high 90s outside. Tank temp right now is 79.4 and hottest it’s gotten is 80.3 since it’s been installed. It’s an eyesore as u can see from the pic since I can’t put it inside the stand. Wanted the tunze fan but it’s oos everywhere. This works

38A7BF68-5561-4360-8E24-85E95357224E.jpeg
That looks amazing
 
Thanks! My office tank, not bad for 6 weeks old but a work in progress. Appreciate the feedback for sure!!
When I do my next water change I may just drain 20 gallons of the 32 I have and try to move mine from the den into my bedroom. This would also help cool it down as my room get a lot more cold air moving through it.
 
Mine is in my office and it gets up to 80 in there as for some reason the building can be on 65 but my office stays warm. That fan is awesome. I’m watching it now on my apex and it went to 80, fan turned on and in an hour it’s at 79.5. Last weekend that went up to 82.3. Best $30 I spent
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new