Erec's tank builds (mangroves, inverts, macros, oh my!)

OP
OP
Eric R.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better update - I found a waterbox 100.3 with a white stand on craigslist! So I'm going to pick that up perhaps this weekend? Might be getting sick, so it may have to wait depending on how I'm feeling. Already negotiated a price with the seller and agreed to a sale. So I'll be putting the RS 250 back on craigslist, minus some of the nice equipment it came with, like the skimmer, doser, heater, etc.

Besides already being white, the stand is a lot nicer than the RS one, and I like the slightly deeper tank. Also has fewer scratches on the front glass. And comes with a nice Vectra S2 and Tunze 3155. Not much equipment worth discussing other than that. Some aquatic life Halo LEDs? Can't find much info on them, will probably resell them with the RS 250. I have some ReeFi Unos I picked up recently. I have more lights than tanks at this point I think (and if you include all of the tanks under 30 gallons, I have a lot of tanks....).

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! The 100.3 is one of my favorite WB tanks!

thepotoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that waterbox on CL and wondered who would be crazy enough to buy it. Guess I know now! Very nice tank.

Hope you've got some good daylight LEDs for the mangroves.

OP
OP
Eric R.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that waterbox on CL and wondered who would be crazy enough to buy it. Guess I know now! Very nice tank.

Hope you've got some good daylight LEDs for the mangroves.

Ha well, hope that's crazy in a good way, not a bad way! Probably a little of both. And thank you!

I took the mangroves out of the 20L they had been growing under with a full spectrum LED grow bulb for the first year, and put them in a 5g bucket with sand and osmocote pellets outside last summer. When the weather got cold, I brought them to the high school, and they have been in the same bucket in the school greenhouse since then. Seem pretty happy! Putting on new leaves. Eventually I'll have to work up the courage (and find a spot) to actually acclimate them and then put them in a SW display tank.

OP
OP
Eric R.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did get them to sell it for $1k less than they had originally posted it for, which was a crazy high price for that system. If that was the part that you thought was crazy.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back